Traveling light is always ideal, but it's not always realistic. The best advice we can give as far as minimizing fees is to pack as efficiently as possible and learn where it will cost you. If you plan on exceeding the standard baggage allowance, here's everything you need to know about quantities, extra fees and restrictions.
Cabin Bag and Personal Item
Each Primera Air passenger is entitled for 1 cabin bag plus 1 small personal item on board, with the exception for the Light fare class - the Light fare includes only 1 personal item and a cabin bag can be added separately.
- are laptop bags, camera bags, kid backpacks or similar items
- up to 25 x 33 x 20 cm (10 x 13 x 8 in) with a maximum weight of 8 kg
- must fit under the seat in front of you
- include items such as backpacks and small suitcases
- up to 54 x 45 x 25 cm (21 x 18 x 10 in)
- max combined weight of 10 kg including the personal item
- are not included in the Light class fare and must be added separately
Note: In case there is no space in the cabin, your hand baggage will be checked-in free of charge (you can collect it in the baggage claim area at your arrival airport). Only passengers with priority boarding (if available) are guaranteed to get both their compliant hand luggage and personal item on board.
If you are traveling with an infant, you are also permitted the following:
- One standard-sized-bag 1 standard-sized-bag (up to 10 kg) for items important for the comfort and care of the infant.
- A carrying basket for an infant or a stroller for children up to 6 years old can be carried free of charge.
- These items may be used until boarding time, when they will normally be loaded into the aircraft's storage compartment.
Note: at Billund Airport (Denmark) strollers must be checked-in.
For more information on infant baggage please see our Children and Infants page.
Booked directly with Primera Air:
1x checked baggage allowance is included in all fare classes except the Light class.
You can purchase checked baggage allowance on our website. Each bag may weigh up to a maximum of 23 kg (50lb).
Please see our Table of Fees for details of the applicable baggage fees.
Checked baggage includes all the items you check-in prior to departure that we take into our custody. An identification label will be attached to each piece of baggage, and you will receive a receipt for each item. Checked baggage travels in the hold of the aircraft.
After the booking is made, checked baggage can be added to a reservation via the Manage Booking option up to 2 hours before the scheduled flight departure time. The checked baggage fees are charged per person/per one way flight. Higher baggage fees apply when checked bags are purchased at the airport.
Primera Air reserves the right to reject any compensation for damaged luggage and special equipment if not appropriately packed.
Any passenger exceeding their personal checked baggage allowance will be charged for excess baggage at the airport.
Please see our Table of Fees for more information.