Traveling light is always ideal, but it's not always realistic. The best advice we can give as far as minimizing fees is to pack as efficiently as possible and learn where it will cost you. If you plan on exceeding the standard baggage allowance, here's everything you need to know about quantities, extra fees and restrictions.
Cabin Bag and Personal Item
Each Primera Air passenger is entitled to 1 small personal item on board (e.g., a laptop bag, camera bag, kid backpack or similar). Cabin Bag allowance is not included*, with the exception of the Comfort, Flex, Premium and Premium Flex classes. However, for the Light fare class, a cabin bag can still be added separately.
*For bookings made before 14 August 2018, you can still take 1 cabin bag +1 personal item regardless of your ticket class.
- are laptop bags, camera bags, kid backpacks or similar items
- up to 25 x 33 x 20 cm (10 x 13 x 8 in) with a maximum weight of 8 kg
- must fit under the seat in front of you
- include items such as backpacks and small suitcases
- up to 54 x 45 x 25 cm (21 x 18 x 10 in)
- max combined weight of 10 kg including the personal item
- are not included in the Light class fare and must be added separately
Note: In case there is no space in the cabin, your hand baggage will be checked-in free of charge (you can collect it in the baggage claim area at your arrival airport). Only passengers with priority boarding (if available) are guaranteed to get both their compliant hand luggage and personal item on board.
Infants (up to 2 years in age) are entitled to following baggage:
- 1 standard-sized bag (up to 10 kg, 54 x 45 x 25 cm) for items important for the comfort and care of the infant during the flight, which can be taken into the cabin free of charge.
- A carrying basket or a stroller for infants (up to 2 years old) and children (up to 6 years old) can be carried free of charge. Carrying basket or stroller may be used until boarding time, when they will normally be loaded into the aircraft's storage compartment.
- Infant is entitled to the cabin bag regardless of the ticket fare of the accompanying adult.
Note: at Billund Airport (Denmark) strollers must be checked-in.
For more information on infant baggage please see our Children and Infants page.
Booked directly with Primera Air:
1x checked baggage allowance is included in all fare classes except the Light class.
You can purchase checked baggage allowance on our website. Each bag may weigh up to a maximum of 23 kg (50lb).
Please see our Table of Fees for details of the applicable baggage fees.
Checked baggage includes all the items you check-in prior to departure that we take into our custody. An identification label will be attached to each piece of baggage, and you will receive a receipt for each item. Checked baggage travels in the hold of the aircraft.
After the booking is made, checked baggage can be added to a reservation via the Manage Booking option up to 2 hours before the scheduled flight departure time. The checked baggage fees are charged per person/per one way flight. Higher baggage fees apply when checked bags are purchased at the airport.
Primera Air reserves the right to reject any compensation for damaged luggage and sports equipment if not appropriately packed.
Any passenger exceeding their personal checked baggage allowance will be charged for excess baggage at the airport.
Please see our Table of Fees for more information.